Roof areas (sloped/flat), balconies and terraces are areas which are most challenged by continuous weather effects. A continuous cycle of rains, sunlight and frost can cause the roof layers weaken, thereby allowing rainwater to penetrate through those weak joints, cracks, traps and concrete floors. Such leakage and seepage can damage not only the construction but the roof interiors of the floor below.
It is imperative to employ an extensive waterproofing configuration to protect the roof & concrete from such weathering effects. Investments on waterproofing are way lower in comparison to the continuous repair costs caused by damage. Below are some recommended products that can waterproof by covering in layers on the substrate. In fact, some products also act as a thermal insulation and can help maintain temperatures inside.
Hammer & Chisel
|Preventing Leaks||Minimum Maintenance|
|Structure Strengthening||Protection Against Weather & UV Rays|
|False Ceiling, Paint And Interior Protection||Peace of mind|
|Extending Life Of Roof||Thermal insulation|
Required Substrate: R.C.C/Cement Plaster
1. Surface preparation: Chipping, dry and wet cleaning. Crack repairing: Ascobond AR 470 & Ascofill. Patch work for leveling: Ascogrout & Ascobond AR 470.
2. Treatment of pipes/traps etc.: Ascogrout & Ascoseal Tape Roll.
3. Priming: Ascoguard Prime.
4. Coving at wall/oor junction: Ascogrout followed by Ascoseal Tape Roll.
5. Coating: 2-3 coats of Ascoguard Prime, where each coat is applied in perpendicular direction to the previous one.
6. Screed layer & slope preparation: Ascoscreed. Plaster coat: Ascolite Ready Mix Mortar
7. Tile fixing: Fixobond +.
8. Grout filling between tile joints: Ascopoxy.
Note: Incase the roof surface is old and damaged or existing surface is of tiles, then it is advisable to follow our alternative waterproofing system. For more details, kindly get in touch with our technical/sales advisers.
Process designing is important for any waterproofing solution as environmental dynamics, usage, construction design and other factors must be considered. Each requirement will vary in the mentioned aspects, reason for which there cannot be one standard solution/set of products for all situations. It is therefore recommended to consult with our technical team, structural/project consultants and the engineering team at the buyers end before concluding the most appropriate solution.