Interior wet areas such as bathrooms and wash areas are critical parts of any construction practice. Wet areas are prone to seepage and leakage as water penetrates through areas like tile joints, wall and oor joints, various traps, wall-hung sanitary ware, concrete voids and cracks, etc. which can lead to odours, mold and mildew, peeling paint and even upto damaging the structure.
It is imperative to employ an extensive waterproofing configuration to protect the construction and interior from such damage. Investments on waterproofing are way lower in comparison to the continuous repair costs caused by damage. Ascolite waterproofing solutions offer the right set of combinations ideal for various situations. Below are some recommended products that can be used for wet areas like bathrooms and wash areas.
Hammer & Chisel
|Preventing Leaks||Minimum Maintenance|
|Structure Strengthening||Peace of mind|
|False Ceiling, Paint And Interior Protection||No Health Problems Caused|
|Prevent Dampness And Mold|
Required Substrate: R.C.C/Cement Plaster
1. Surface preparation: Chipping, dry and wet cleaning. Crack repairing: Ascobond AR 470 & Ascofill. Patch work for leveling: Ascogrout & Ascobond AR 470.
2. Treatment of pipes/traps etc.: Ascogrout & Ascoseal Tape Roll/Pipe Collar.
3. Priming: Ascoex II.
4. Coving at wall/oor junction: Ascogrout followed by Ascoseal Tape Roll.
5. Coating: 3 coats of Ascoex II, where each coat is applied in perpendicular direction to the previous one.
6. Screed layer & slope preparation: Ascoscreed. Wall plaster: Ascolite Ready Mix Mortar
7. Tile fixing: Fixobond + / Fixobond prime.
8. Grout filling between tile joints: Ascopoxy.
Process designing is important for any waterproofing solution as environmental dynamics, usage, construction design and other factors must be considered. Each requirement will vary in the mentioned aspects, reason for which there cannot be one standard solution/set of products for all situations. It is therefore recommended to consult with our technical team, structural/project consultants and the engineering team at the buyers end before concluding the most appropriate solution.